The year 2022 marks the return of the QSciTech summer school in person. From 4 to 8 July, we were able to count on the enthusiasm of students, researchers, and industry colleagues to make this event possible – designed exclusively for graduate students in the domain of quantum technologies or materials. A total of 16 QSciTech students, 15 lecturers and a dozen collaborators supported the QSciTech management team in the success of the 2022 Summer School. All this in a stunning natural setting in Jouvence, Orford, Québec.
Many thanks to everyone who took part in this edition which was a great success!
Professional skills training
- University and industry: towards optimal entrepreneurial support. Prof. Jean Bibeau and Roxane Meilleur, Ph.D., psy Accélérateur entrepreneurial Desjardins, Université de Sherbrooke.
- Conversation: professional career of André Fougères, VP Innovation and Technology, INO. Facilitator: Prof. Jean Bibeau
- Workshop on Scientific Outreach. Viviane Lalande, Ph.D., Scilabus
Hot topics in quantum materials
- Spontaneous polarization induced photovoltaic effects in van der Waals semiconductors. Prof. Ziliang YE, University of British Columbia
- Quantum simulations to improve battery materials. Prof. Michel Côté, Université de Montréal
- Explanation of a quantum spin liquid. Prof. Andrea Bianchi and Avner Fitterman, Université de Montréal
- Disorder driven functionality in high entropy oxides. Prof. Alannah Hallas, University of British Columbia
Social issues in science and technology
- EDI in higher education and research. Prof. Ève Langelier, Université de Sherbrooke
- International scientific collaborations in wartime. Prof. Yves Gingras, UQAM, CIRST
Hot topics in industry
- Challenges in scaling superconducting quantum processors to fault-tolerant quantum computers. Gabriel Éthier-Majcher, Anyon Systems
- Hands-on session - QTCAD device. Raphaël Prentki, Ph. D., Nanoacademic Technologies.
- CMC Microsystems: Democratizing Access to Quantum Technologies. Udson Mendes, CMC Microsystems
- Intellectual Property and institutional resources for students. Valérie-Claude Lessard and François Nadeau, TransferTech
See you next year!